FAQ for Photographer
With a Premium subscription, photographers are able to create a booking through their photographer account. This feature allows photographers to utilize Rocket Photo's editing, free virtual tour, photo delivery, and payment processing.
How do photographer-created bookings work?
- The Photographer creates the booking through their Rocket Photo Studio (see below for detailed instructions on how to create the booking).
- (Optional) The Realtor gets a confirmation email letting them know the booking was created.
- The Photographer completes the shoot.
- The Photographer uploads the unedited photos to the booking (as well as any other products in the order).
- Rocket Photo edits the photos and creates a virtual tour.
- The Realtor receives an email with a link to pay for the shoot. The Photographer receives the finished photos and can access them through the booking in their Rocket Photo Studio.
- The Realtor pays for the shoot. The funds are transferred to the Photographer's bank account within 48 business hours (less any editing fees and a 3.1% credit card processing fee).
- The Realtor is able to download the finished products, including a high resolution version of the photos and a pre-sized MLS version of the photos. They can also access the free Rocket Photo Virtual Tour.
How to create a booking:
- Log into your Rocket Photo Studio.
- Click on the "Schedule a Booking" button on your Rocket Photo Studio. You can also find the same "Schedule a Booking" button under the Bookings tab on the left side of your Studio.
- Complete the booking details. You are required to enter the listing address, intended time/date of the shoot, and the Realtor's contact information.
- Once the booking is created, use the "Actions" drop down to add products to your booking.
- You can choose what type of product you would like to use for the booking, set the quantity (i.e. 10 photos), and set the price.
- (Optional) If you would like to send the Realtor a confirmation email with the shoot time/date, products, and cost, you can use the "Actions" drop down and select "Send Confirmation."
This will prompt a pop-up confirmation.
- Complete the shoot.
- Upload the products to the booking. To do this, click on each product line to enter the product uploader. In the example below, you'd click on "Standard Photo" to enter the uploader for this product. (Please note: If you are uploading a video product or 3D tour, you will need to include a link to an edited video or tour. For more information on how to add video/3D products to your Rocket Photo booking, click here.)
Once inside the uploader, click on "Upload Photos."
Select the files you want to upload. Photos must be Jpegs (RAW files are not accepted). (Please note, if you are uploading for an HDR product, please include 3 files per photo. If you are processing "Photographer Edit" photos through Rocket Photo (this is a product edited by the photographer), you will need to upload the edited files.)
Once your photos are uploaded, you'll be brought back to the product line for the order. You'll be able to see the photos that have been uploaded. If you need to add more photos, click "Upload Photos" again and you can add more. If you need to delete duplicates, you can "remove" photos you do not want edited. Once all the photos have been uploaded and you are ready to submit them for editing, click the "Submit" button. All photos that are submitted for editing will be delivered to your client, and you will be charged for the editing on each photo!
- A pop-up will confirm that you are ready to submit. When you click "Confirm" your photos will be sent to Rocket Photo for editing. Rocket Photo will edit your photos within 24 hours.
- You are also able to add discounts or fees to the order at any time prior to the delivery of the photos. For more information on how to do this, please click here.
- Once your products are sent to Rocket Photo for processing, you will see the order status of the booking change to "In Progress."
- Once your edits are complete, you will get an email notifying you that the order is complete. To access the photos, click into the booking within your Rocket Photo account. From the booking, you'll see that you can copy the link to the Virtual Tour, or download a zip file with the products. You can click on the product name for more detailed download options, including downloading the pre-sized MLS photos and high resolution photos. (Please note: the Realtor will receive their own link to access the photos after they submit payment. Do not send the photos to the agent prior to their payment.)
Here is what the download options look like:
- At the same time as you receive the edited products, the Realtor will get an email notifying them that the products are complete. They will be sent a link so that they can pay for the photos. After they pay for the photos, they will get access to the final products (both pre-sized MLS photos and high resolution photos) and the virtual tour. For more information on how Realtors can pay and download their products, click here.
- Once the Realtor submits payment, you will receive your payment (less a 3.1% credit card and any incurred editing fees) in your bank account within 48 business hours. If you have not set up your banking information, click here for instructions.