FAQ for Photographers
As a photographer on the Rocket Photo platform, you can set a personalized service area and an area that you are willing to serve with a travel fee. When Realtors search for photographers on the Rocket Photo Marketplace or through a Private Network, your profile will show up if their listing address falls within your service area.
Your total service area (primary + secondary) cannot exceed 100 miles.
Your service area will appear on your Rocket Photo profile like this:
How to set your service area when you are creating an account:
- When you get to step 4 during the photographer application process, you will have to set your service area.
- First, add a "service area address" which will serve as your home base. The primary service area radius will extend around this home base. Please note, your address will not show up on your public profile.
- Next, you must add your primary service area radius. This is the distance you will travel from your home-base address without a travel fee.
- After you add your primary service area distance, you'll see an option appear to add a secondary service area and a travel fee. Click the blue "+" to add the secondary service area.
- When adding a secondary service area, you can include a travel fee. In the example below, you can see that shoots that fall between 50-75 miles from the service area address will include a $25 travel fee.
How to set your service area on an Approved account:
- Log into your Rocket Photo account
- Click on Service Area on the menu on the left of your Studio.
- Add a "home-base" address. This address will be used to calculate your primary and secondary service areas, but it will not appear on your public profile.
- Add your primary service area radius by setting the number of miles you are willing to travel from your home-base address without a travel fee.
- Add a secondary service area radius by setting the number of miles you are willing to travel from your home-base address with a travel fee. Then set the travel fee you'd like to charge if a listing falls into the secondary service area. In this example, for any listings that fall between 50 to 100 miles from your home base, you would get an extra $25 travel fee.
- Don't forget to press save!