FAQ for Photographers
As a photographer, you are able to offer your video and 3D tour services through Rocket Photo. All videos and 3D tours are not edited by Rocket Photo.
How to provide a video example on your Rocket Photo profile:
In your Rocket Photo profile, you are welcome to include details about your videos and/or 3D tour in the Summary section. For example, you can include:
- A link to your past work (i.e. Youtube link or Vimeo link)
- Details about the video product you will deliver (length, graphics, music etc.)
- Your video or 3D tour equipment (i.e. DJI Osmo or Matterport camera)
For more information on how to edit your Rocket Photo profile, click here.
How to upload a video or 3D tour link to a booking:
If a client orders a video or 3D tour (or if you include it in a booking that you create through a Premium account), follow these steps:
- Shoot the video or complete the 3D tour.
- Edit the video or 3D tour.
- Videos and 3D tours are delivered to clients as a link. Therefore, before you can add the product to the booking, you must obtain a link for the product. For example, you could upload the video to Youtube and copy the link.
- To upload the product link to your booking, log into your Rocket Photo account and click into the booking.
- On the product line, click on "Click Here to Enter URL" under the video or 3D tour product line.
This will bring you to the link uploader.
Click on "Enter Video URL" and add the video link. Then hit the "Submit" button.
- After you submit the link, the product will be ready for delivery. If there are other products in the order, the order will not be delivered to the client until all the products are complete.
Q: Can you send video files through Rocket Photo?
A: No, you cannot send the downloadable file through Rocket Photo. If your client prefers to have a video file, you can use Wetransfer or Dropbox to send them the file after they pay their invoice and receive the video link.